Carbon Monoxide Detectors in NJ


Commercial Carbon - Monoxide Detectors Risks and Solutions

Accidents can happen at any time and any place. Some are completely out of our control and are bound to happen. However, putting yourself in the safest possible position can help you avoid many accidents and health hazards. Carbon monoxide (CO) is known as the "silent killer" because it is odorless, colorless and tasteless and without sufficient technology, it is virtually undetectable. Carbon monoxide is produced whenever any type of material burns such as a car, a clothes dryer, or a furnace and becomes poisonous when we are exposed to too much of it. Carbon monoxide is a huge threat and can even result in death. Thankfully, with carbon monoxide detectors in NJ, you can keep yourself and those around you safe.

Exposure - Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless and colorless gas that is produced during natural gas combustion. If you use a gas stove, gas furnace, or any other appliance that runs on gas in your home or office, carbon monoxide will be produced. The amount of CO produced depends on the size of the gas based appliance or vehicle burning and the amount of time it is burning. Usually there is a system set in place to discard the poisonous gas. However, you can easily come into contact with the gas if there is a malfunction. A carbon monoxide detector in NJ could potentially save a life and protect you, your family, friends, employees, etc. from ingesting this deadly poison.

Carbon Monoxide is toxic because it will bind to the oxygen receptors in your blood, and prevent your body from receiving the oxygen it needs to function properly. Exposure to the gas can cause migraines, nausea, dizziness, blackouts, and hallucinations. These are some of the many side effects  you might suffer from if you are experiencing CO poisoning. If you are exposed to carbon monoxide in a high dosage, it can be fatal. A carbon monoxide detector in NJ will sound an alarm whenever it senses a CO leak so everyone knows to evacuate the area as soon as possible.

These detectors can be set near or around gas appliances, so you have a constant monitor of the carbon monoxide level in the room. In addition, when the level reaches a harmful point the system will automatically set the alarm off, and you will have help in no time.

Popular Posts